Thursday 22 September 2011

Question Time With Jennie Dimbleby

Well well well, you've caught me at the moment in which I'm trying to look busy and in truth, I am well and truly stumped. Here's the deal: I have been awarded The Irresistibly Sweet Award by Sew Something Vintage (thank you), but part of the deal is that I have to give 7 random facts about myself... I cannot think of a single one, you know everything there is to know!

So, I propose that you ask me a question or several, and my favourites will be answered and if you have a blog, you will receive this award... Deal?



Oh, and about that 16 day jumper - I made a stupid mistake, it wasn't 16 days, I took a day off to do a spot of sewing for someone... It was 15 days

Enough showing off, the basket weave jumper I mentioned, well, after a lot of minor swearing (fiddlesticks and the like) and throwing the giant ball of wool across the room, I gave up! Well, I say that, it's been put in a bag for a later date. I was knitting the sleeve and discovered I had trouble counting to 6, so kept changing after 5 - I don't know why, but also the jumper is in 2-ply and felt very light and thin, so it's a Spring jumper - It will be finished for next Spring (ho ho ho).

In the meantime, I've picked up my sticks and some surplus wool and started a really simple, and a bit plain jumper from 1937. It's a mustard-y colour and has a lacey detail on the yoke. Almost finished the back, but it seems to be taking an age - It might just be a 30 day jumper at this rate!

I'll be back with some answers (if you ask my anything!), and hopefully a bit more of a jumper

All my best wishes to you on this changeable Thursday afternoon

Jennie xx

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to know if you have any tattoos and if so where?? The new jumper you're knitting sounds wonderful, Lucey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is my question: How do you knit so quickly??

    ReplyDelete