I got it home, quite pleased with myself, then looked inside the case, and found a side plate/leaf piece, booklet and a box of bits with loads of feet.
I turned it on, the light works, then attempted to lift the foot to place in some fabric - nothing! The lever is free, and the foot is down. I opened it up to discover that the spring inisde (all above the foot) is missing! How? So it's not in working order untila replacement spring is found - Help!
But any how, I did a little research, and this machine's serial number doesn't appear in the Singer database, but the closest one to it is a 1964 model.
So, clearly disappointed, I continued with my knitting, until Thursday evening when I heard a thump in the kitchen. Going out to investigate, my Dad is standing there with a huge brown mock-croc case. I was giddy, thinking it would be perfect for storing my bags in (my currently suitcase is currently lost until the pile of handbags). Then he said "open it", I duely did, and discovered inside, this sewing machine!
It turns out, it had been thrown away, but rescued by a workmate of his, and offered to my Dad when he's been spotted putting aside another sewing machine (still to come!).
As it was dumped off the back of a lorry, the pedal/plug is missing, but as soon as it's replaced, will be working as my main machine (providing it works!)
One of these days I'll be given a working machine, but until then I'll have to work up the courage to borrow my Ma's machine again for some desperately needed dressmaking.
I have loads to tell, but just not enough time. I'm so behind right now, but next week I'll have finished the Cherry Ripe jumper and hopefully will have finished some old sewing projects.
See you Monday